Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Well Christmas has come and gone and so has 2008! LaMar,Jan, and Andrew all got here safe for Christmas. LaMar,Jan and I were going to surprise Blake with them coming up two days early but since we had so much snow, SeaTac (the airport here) shut down and they were stuck in Dallas so they got here one day earlier then originally planned, but a day late for our surprise. But either way we were glad they were here! Christmas was great, we missed our family that we weren't able to be with. While they were here we went to Victoria, Canada. It was super cold but fun. We got on a ferry from Seattle that took us over there. That is the only way to get to Victoria, other than plane, because it is an island! The ferry ride was long but fun! The ride was two hours and forty five minutes. And it was gorgeous! We took a few pictures outside on the deck which was so cold and windy! When we got to Victoria we went to the Royal British Museum which was huge! We also went to a pub and the food there was so amazing! We also went to a place called Miniature World, and everything was in glass cases but they were all little. We had a lot of fun with LaMar, Jan , and Andrew and it was sad to see them go! This past week Blake and I haven't been doing much. He only had to work half days. We had a good New Year's eve. Blake and I used a gift card and went to Red Lobster. Then we just came home and rang in the New Year with each other! But I wasn't feeling good the whole day so that is kinda our excuse for staying in! I cant believe that it is already 2009! This year Blake and I will certainly be going through a lot. This is the year that Blake will be deployed! Our first anniversary apart, our first Christmas apart, and many more things that we will miss out on. But I know that Blake is excited to go overseas, he joined the Army to go over there and fight! Not just to "play" Army. I know that one of his best friends died over there and he wants to go over and fight and come back home for his friend, since Dustin wasn't able to come home! Please pray for us as this will be a very difficult year. We know that the Lord has a plan for us, and Blake will come home safe and sound! Because he is my ultimate Hero, and he wouldn't leave me all alone! Well until next time!





2 comments:

Leigh said...

The pictures are great!! I am so proud you are on top of your blogging!! BC I AM NOT!!! I will be better though!! :) I love you and miss you!!!

Robbyn said...

Oh my what a powerful post ! It was an emotional read for me. You will do beautiful with your difficult 2009 ! Prayers and love endure all !! You will have lots of both !

We miss you !