Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Blake...

I cant believe that it is already May. Monday we go to our pre deployment briefing! It makes me so sad to think about Blake deploying. I know that he is fighting for my freedom and I know that he loves being a sniper! I think he believes he has the best job in the Army. It crazy to think that in August Blake and I will be married for 2 years, but he wont be here to share that with me. I cant imagine not being with him for my birthday, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, his birthday and all the rest of the holidays! I cant imagine how things will be without him for a year! I cant wrap my head around us not being together for that long! People change so much in a year and to think that we will be a year older when he returns home is hard. I appreciate Blake so much! He is the most kind hearted person that I know. And he is so excited about going to Afghanistan. I want him to go because I know how pumped he is but on the other hand I have that wife mentality that it just isn't fair. Why does he have to go? I knew what I was signing up for when Blake asked me to marry him and I have to take on the roll of the military wife, not a civilian wife! Times are hard when your married to a military man but even though I will have to be away from him for a year I wouldn't have it any other way. All I can do is look to the Lord and my friends and family for the support that I will need for that year. I love and appreciate my Blake so much! I love you baby!

No comments: